Relax and grab your favorite cup of coffee, or tea and join me in welcoming Keira Kroft to our Saturday Sneak Peek Coffee Klatch. Her debut romantic suspense, Glow in the Dark is coming soon to Decadent Publishing.
1) When did you first start writing? Seventeen years ago. When my daughter was little I used to sit in the park with pen and paper. About four years ago, I got serious and learned everything there is to know on the subject. Along with how to use the damn computer. You have to practically be a tech to use the Microsoft word program, LOL
2) What genre do you write in? Romance, but my preference is to play around with the genre. My current novel Glow in the Dark is a Romantic suspense, my next will be a romantic mafia thriller, I think, and by next Christmas a paranormal romance. So I like to mix it up.
3) Why did you choose it? I didn’t, it chose me. I suppose deep down I have always enjoyed a good love story.
4) Would you work on a series? Of course if yes, what do you like about it? Well, I like strong complex character’s that have more than one story to tell. What made you decide to do it? That was another thing where the stories called to me. I have characters in my head with a story to tell, some have one story and some have multiple stories to tell.
5) Do you have a ritual before sitting down to write? Do you listen to music, light candles, or wear something sexy to put you in the mood for creating love scenes? I like that sexy candle thing. No, my sexy wear is Pajamas and coffee attached to my hand. I can successfully write one handed now, while I plow java with the other. My ritual is to get up before the dawn while it’s quiet in the house.
6) Do you work on more than one project at a time? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! That would be a yes, but you probably mean the writing. I personally work three jobs (I watch kids and we own two business’s) besides the writing. As far as a book, yes that’s how I avoid writers block. If a story seems to be going stale or getting too hard to write, I go to another story and that primes me back up and then that’s less I have to do on that other story later. If you do, how do you manage your time? Insanity, your mind is not aware of what your body is enduring, lol
7) How much time in your busy day do you spend on your craft? 8 to 12, but I get pulled away quite a bit, during the day.
8) Since Valentine’s Day is next month, can you share your idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day date? Football isn’t on Valentine’s Day, so I dunno, lol :) Okay fine, I actually enjoy VD being a family affair. We get a pizza every year and watch a movie together, my husband and I and our daughter. If you mean sex, then every day is Valentine’s Day for us and to have that— is very special.
9) What season do you find to be the one that sparks more new romances, and why? The correct answer you would think would be winter, curled up against a warm man next to a roaring fire. But for me the heat of summer and the perfect breeze in the evening is the most romantic.
10) If your most recent novel was made into a movie, who would you like to see cast in the lead roles, and why? Kaley Cuoco & Alex O’Laughlin, they look like the characters, they’re both hotties, just like Jake and Corey and they are the right age difference.
11) Do you have a particular author whose work inspires you? Inspires me no. If yes, who, and why? But I have a fondness for Nora Roberts, JoAnn Ross and Diana Cosby. Can you give away any of your secret indulgences? We promise not to tell. Well as long as it’s a secret; don’t tell anyone that I’ m obsessed with chocolate covered liquors.
12) Would you give us a hint about your work in progress? We’re dying to know what’s coming next. Well Kathleen I’m torn between two lovers. My plan is to finish the first in the series of my romantic mafia thriller, but at the same time I am working on a story about a woman whose family disappears. In the meantime she embarks on a hot affair. After she falls in love with the man that’s been keeping her occupied, she must choose between the memory of her missing family and the man of her dreams.
13) Can you share an excerpt of your latest release? Of course here you go
Corey couldn’t handle the passion she was experiencing—she had responsibilities. She had a daughter and a boyfriend. Other than giving birth to a healthy Molly this was the best moment in her life. She knew that if she walked away she would never again feel like she felt in Jake’s arms. Mark certainly didn’t make her feel that way, in fact no other man ever had.
He’s the one.
If he was the one, why was his timing so off? Corey couldn’t handle the surge of emotions that were suffocating her insides. She tore away from Jake and bolted.
14) Where can we find you? Website, face book, blog, email?
Thank you for spending the morning with us, and allowing us to sneak a peek. We've enjoyed learning more about you, and look forward to the release of Glow in the Dark.