Friday, December 31, 2010

CHOICES FOR THE NEW YEAR

Now that we are at the end of 2010, I've been thinking about the choices I've made this year.  We all have decisions to make everyday, some small, some life changing.  Whatever path we choose to follow is up to us.  When faced with a challenge, the first thing that comes to mind may be to run.  But, nothing good comes without a fight.  We all have to work hard at something to succeed.

 What are some of the choices you've made this year?  Did you make a new friend, or help someone in need?  Have you changed your hair color, or started a healthy lifestyle program?  Twelve months gives us plenty of time to do something worthwhile.  When offering a kind word to a stranger is all that you can do in one day, that's enough. However, you can step out of your comfort zone, and do something big.  A new year is beginning and it's time for more choices. 

I made some new choices this year.  I usually go by instinct, not by analysing a situation. After finishing my manuscript and going over it a million times,  I chose to sign with Decadent Publishing.  My first novel, Echoes At Dawn, will be coming soon.  I knew from the moment I sent the query letter that I was doing the right thing.  I've met so many wonderful people at Decadent.  They are warm, supportive, talented, and funny.  I'm beginning a new journey, and loving it. I'm on the road to publication after making a choice. 

What choices will you make in 2011?

Love to all!
Happy New Year !

No comments: