Wednesday, November 24, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING


The holidays creep up on me and I always wonder where the summer went.  I am cooking a turkey tonight, which is not unusual. When you work on holidays, like I do, you have to adapt to not being home on the actual day.  It may seem awkward to some, but my family is used to it.  This year we are getting together tonight for our Thanksgivings dinner.  I'm wondering what other people do, who work on holidays.  How do you celebrate around your busy schedule? 

I'm happy as long as we're all together.  It really doesn't matter if it's a day late, or a few days early.  The holidays are a time to be grateful, celebrate our good fortune, and offer our love and kindness to one another.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!




2 comments:

Deena said...

I don't have that issue, but my girlfriend does. Her brother works at a mountain resort. They usually celebrate either the week before or after big holidays. They've been doing this so long, it's not a problem.

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

It's funny how we learn to adapt.